Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So crazy, so exciting (alternately titled, "We love Craig's List")

I've drafted like six blog posts in my head over the last week, but before I could ever sit down to type one out, something else would happen, and I couldn't figure out how to tie the new happening into the old draft, so I'd have to start over again.

This past week was definitely the busiest, craziest week we've had since Benjamin was born.  I know I've talked about being busy several times over the last few weeks, but this seriously topped them all.  I can't even remember everything in order, so we're just gonna go with stream-of-consciousness...

Benjamin ate his first vegetable - sweet potatoes.  Which means, I also made my first baby food... go me! :)

 I would post pictures and/or video of Benjamin eating said sweet potatoes, except that the child just sat there and ate them with very little reaction at all.  Typical boy, I suppose... "Com'on, Momma!  What are you so excited about?  Just feed me already!  I'm hungry!"

On Saturday morning, I enjoyed the beautiful weather while getting an inside tour of our Farmers' Market with a friend.  I scored the awesome locally grown/made whole foods you see below, plus some great Mothers' Day gifts (not pictured for obvious reasons :)


Saturday afternoon, we took Benjamin for a walk at an area state park and enjoyed all the spring greens.  Such a welcome relief after so many months of snow and ice.  This Southern girl needed some foliage, yall!


Not to mention the fact that we all were outside that whole time with ... wait for it ... our arms exposed!  Nope, I'm not kidding, we wore short sleeves!  I think Will and I even perspired a little!  yahoo!


So, why is this post alternately titled "We love Craigs List"?  Because last week, we completely scored on the good ole CL!  We got a breadmaker and a Kitchenaid stand mixer at huge bargains!  It was like Christmas! (I would post pictures, but I feel that would be the ultimate standard of dorkiness, and I'm not willing to stoop that low quite yet).

But wait, you ask, where are you going to put those in your tiny kitchen?  Well, we also found an awesome new apartment on Craigs List last week, and put down the security deposit on Tuesday!  Now, we're not exactly excited about the whole moving process - though it has to be better than our last move (1,000 miles + six-months-pregnant + 100-degree fever = miserable) - but we are super excited to be in our place, which is bigger, cheaper, and much closer to our church and friends!  God is so good!

There were other exciting things that happened last week, but that'll have to wait for another post.  You see, its 10:30 and another new development around here is Benjamin's cool new trick - waking up at 4:00 am ready to start a new day.  So g'night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment