As I had previously mentioned, we were waaaaaay excited about Valentine's Day this year. I think in part this was because the last couple Valentine's Days have been, well ... we're not using the c-r-a-p word anymore in preparation for Benjamin picking up our vocabulary, so we'll just say they've been less than ideal.
Last year, Valentine's Day was the first day I really struggled with morning sickness ... all day long. Also, in hindsight, I was coming down with the flu (yes siree, I had the flu and morning sickness all at the same time). So anyway, I distinctly remember craving a cheeseburger, but feeling horrible (I ate more cheeseburgers while I was pregnant than the whole rest of my life combined). So we got take-out at Backyard Burger ... woo-hoo. And we probably went home and watched a DVD of 24. I don't remember that exactly, but that was around the time we started watching the show. I guess we have a tendency to start watching intense tv shows during stressful times in our lives. Lost after the tornado, 24 during the pregnant-graduating-job-searching-moving chapter.
The year before that was the year of the tornado. Valentine's Day being only 9 days after that, you can imagine how much we felt like doing anything special. So, we got take-out from Rafferty's (boy, I do miss their fried chicken salad with honey-mustard-hot-bacon dressing and a croissant - yum!) and went home to watch the season of West Wing that Will had gotten me for a gift.
So, this year, we were ready. Sarah offered to keep Benjamin. Reservations were made at Bonefish Grill. Flowers were ordered (many kudos to my wonderful husband). A special outfit was even set aside for the little guy...
And I carried a cute purse to the restaurant instead of the ginormous diaper bag!And it was truly a wonderful day. Benjamin did great with his first babysitter - even took a little power nap for her! And lunch was wonderful - yummy seafood, great atmosphere, and I didn't worry all that much about being away from Benjamin for the first time (though I must admit I had my cell phone on its loudest setting, and then placed it on the table 6 inches from me).
Hope you all had a wonderful day as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment