Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5

I suppose the day will come when this date no longer seems significant to me. But for now, it still rings a solemn note, although it seems 10 years ago instead of just 2...


The tornado. I forget that for people who don't know me and don't know Union, those words don't really have context. What a crazy few months were to follow that night. Some of the most challenging of my life - mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, professionally... every -ally you can think of! A couple weeks after the tornado (see, there I did it again) was when we started watching the TV show Lost - it was somehow comforting to watch others who had it worse (fictionally) - stranded on an island with smoke monsters - yeah, it could be worse.

And this seems 5 years ago instead of 1...

The one-year anniversary event. Running around taking care of details, keeping the secret of the tiny little life I was carrying!

My how times change. I hear there's an event at Union today also. But Benjamin is upstairs napping, and I'm in my sweatshirt, roasting carrots after the morning's Bible study, and blogging.

After such a little taste of disaster, comparatively, I'm praying for the people of Haiti today.

1 comment:

  1. We are so very grateful that God protected you
    not only from the tornado but also from absolute exhaustion in the months following.
    And we are also very grateful that you, Will &
    Benjamin are safe and sound today even if you are miles away in NY. We love you.

    ReplyDelete