Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Holy Cow!

Has it really been six weeks since I posted?  craziness!  and my apologies to any of you who are still checking this little deserted corner of the internet.

But what have we learned over the past 6 weeks?  Evidently, that I am totally incapable of blogging during the first trimester…

What was that?

Yup!  Benjamin is going to be a big brother!  We are through the first trimester.  The sick and the fatigue and the hormones and the sick and the fatigue (did I mention the sick and the fatigue?) are waning, becoming distant memories that will be conveniently forgotten until the next time I get pregnant and think, "What was I thinking?  This is awful, terrible, no good, very bad!  Why didn't I remember this?"  Ah, the amnesia of a mother's love.

And by the way, I know the fatigue is better because its 9:30 at night and I'm awake … hark! I'm awake and coherent and typing things!  (I guess coherent is a matter of degrees :)

Anyway, evidently I'm also incapable of reading anything at all during the first trimester, as my poor neglected "Book Nook" in the side bar shows.  Truthfully, the evenings have involved me crashing on the couch, moaning for Will to bring me a snack, and watching West Wing episodes on DVD.  Goodness, I love that show!  I always pull it out when I'm not feeling well (cold, flu, pregnant, whatever) and it's like a good cup of hot tea … warm, comforting, the perfect blend of meditative and uplifting.

Anyhoo, since that's more than you ever wanted to know about my feelings about a TV show that went off the air five years ago, I'd better wrap it up.  Funny anecdotes, pictures, and videos of our active toddler will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment