We got so much done while she was here (I was often forced to forego my afternoon nap :) We organized closets, organized baby stuff, washed baby clothes and bedding, finished decorating the nursery, walked at the park, went to the Farmers Market, and did all kinds of cooking - butternut squash soup, honey mustard dressing, and old family favorites, "Chicken Sauterne" and "Ranger cookies." (in all honesty, mom did most of the cooking :)
It was kind of surreal at first to see her sitting just across the living room from me - after 3 months of just talking to our families on the phone, it was so great to have her here - she got to see our grocery store, church, park, etc., even some friends houses and the hospital! We didn't do anything way too exciting - a lot of sitting, talking, and sipping coffee, which was exactly what my soul needed! Thank you God for Moms!
We are only 11 days from our due date - golly, how time flies! At my doctor's appt this morning, everything is still looking good and right on time - I'd even lost a pound! I had to do a double-take at the scales, and after being assured by both the doctor and nurse that losing a few pounds in the last few weeks is normal and fine, I allowed myself to have a little celebration in my head! After gaining __ pounds, what fun to see the numbers go down for the first time in 9 months! (no, I am not going to publish how much weight I've gained for all the world to see :)
Anyway, we are so excited for Baby Trautman to join us - and everything is ready for him, thanks to his Grandma's help ... the sheets are washed, the little tiny outfits organized, the diapers handy, and the hospital bag packed! So, whenever you're ready little buddy, we'll be glad to meet you!



So glad you had such a good time with your mom !! I know it meant SOOOOO much to you and her :) The pics are amazing.Hope you are feeling ok. Can't believe little buddy is almost here !! Love to you and Will both
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos Valerie! You'll treasure these always! Was your mom the photographer? (If so, she needs to give my mom some lessons :) So glad to hear that you guys were so productive - sounds like you have everything in order and now just sit back, relax, and wait! Things are about to get very exciting around the Trautman house!
ReplyDelete